We're Hiring! CNC Operator / Production
I am looking for someone to take over the manufacturing side of the business from me. I will train you on the 3-axis CNC machine and the software. We are located in North Austin, TX.
You MUST be:
- HAPPY and fun to work with!
- Tech savvy. Smartphone user. Social media user. Someone who shops on Amazon or other e-com websites. This is a fast growing internet start-up and I want employees who jive with this culture.
- Woodworking and/or Metalworking experience. Comfortable around machinery
- Detail oriented. Very important to prevent expensive waste!
- Able to figure out how to solve problems and create solutions without micromanagement
- A "maker" at heart (someone who loves to get their hands dirty and make cool stuff)
You SHOULD be:
- In to fast cars!
- CNC experience
- Novice/Basic understanding of Photoshop/Illustrator
- Pick your own hours between 9am -- midnight
- Pick the days of the week you want to work as long as orders aren't late
- Vacation/time off whenever you want, just need to work it out with me so I can cover for you
- Use your own ideas and to improve current processes and help with new product development
- You will have virtually unlimited and FREE access to millions of dollars worth of industrial production machinery to use as you wish in your free time. Full wood shop, metal shop, fabrication and welding, water jet, plasma cutter, 3d printers, extruding, vacuum forming, textiles and sewing, etc.
- Super cool boss! =) Seriously though, I take employee job satisfaction very seriously. My goal is to create a fun work environment where my employees can be empowered to make their own decisions and exercise their creativity.
- $15/hr to start. As the business grows and you take on more responsibility, this can go up.
I have no idea how many hours you will get. It is entirely based on order volume. My estimate would be a fluctuation between 15-40 hours a week. The business is growing rapidly so I anticipate this to increase all the time. Also, if you are interested, I am happy to offload lots of other responsibilities such as supply chain management (dealing with our suppliers, picking up and storing materials, etc.)
GENERIC APPLICATIONS WILL BE IGNORED. I PUT A LOT OF TIME IN TO MAKING THIS POSTING AND WOULD EXPECT SERIOUS APPLICANTS TO PUT TIME IN TO THEIR APPLICATION. I AM LESS INTERESTED IN YOUR RESUME AND MORE INTERESTED IN YOUR PASSION AND WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB. (Send your resume too though.) WHY DO YOU FIT WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR?
Apply by emailing me directly: firstname.lastname@example.org